Monday, June 23, 2008

The King is Dead

I was saddened to hear that my good buddy George Carlin left us this weekend. He wasn’t really my good buddy, but I sure loved to listen to him rant. He was sacrilegious, arrogant, insightful, and painfully blunt; some of my favorite qualities in a fellow human being.



If you have ever listened to him chances are he said something to offend you. Whether rambling on religion, politics, family, marriage or sports; he knew how to get under peoples’ skin.

Like all of the great ones, though, it was difficult to find a flaw in his reasoning. You might not like what he said or how he said it, but it was damn sure hard to point out why.

So, today the world may be a little less cynical. It may be a little more comfortable. It may be a little less blasphemous.

I, for one, am going to miss the old bastard.

No comments: