Monday, September 1, 2008

We are all insane!

It's been a whirlwind of a week, my friends. I've been on the road and at sea for the past seven days. Some business, some pleasure, all enlightening.

I started the week driving from Jacksonville to Pensacola for a little business. My colleague and I decided to take in dinner, drinks, and music at the Fish House overlooking the Pensacola bay.


I got to listen to some pretty good live, acoustic guitar music while watching the gulls play in the sunset. Other than the overpriced drinks and insane people it was great.


Now I've known for a long time that I am completely off my rocker. I've come to the conclusion that everyone else is as well. Here is an excerpt from the conversation two guys were having beside me (actually it was more like a monologue).

Guy 1: Look at the Romans. They had dignity. They had honor.

Guy 2: Nods in agreement.

Guy 1: I mean, cmon. Web Developers are a bunch of pussies!

I am not making this up.

So, then I go on a little weekend cruise to the Bahamas. I'm seated for dinner at a table with two other couples. One couple was celebrating their twenty second wedding anniversary. Here is how our conversation went.

Her: Are you planning on going on any shore excursions?

Me: I'm not much of a planner.

Her: We're going on blah, blah, blah (I wasn't really paying attention).

Me: I don't book anything through the cruise line. You can usually find a better deal just by walking around.

Her: Yea. You can Jew them down.

Me: Can I see a wine list, please.

I swear I am not making this up.

Across from me the next couple was celebrating the husband's birthday. The waiter brings a cake. Honest to God this is how the conversation went.

Waiter: You have to make a wish.

Birthday man: I don't know what to wish for.

Waiter: Why don't you wish for a hummer.

Me: Choking on my wine.

Birthday Man's Wife: I don't know. With the price of gas these days?

Me: The wine comes out the nose.

If I'm lying I'm dying.

No comments: